For my soon to be sister-in-law’s bridal shower, I wanted to make a special cupcake! We went through things she liked, and I landed on a white chocolate raspberry cupcake! The recipe called for a cream cheese frosting, but Nicole prefers buttercream (as do I!) so I whipped up a buttercream with raspberry puree instead. These cupcakes from Gigi Cakes turned out great and were a hit at the shower. I highly recommend!
- Time to make: 25 minutes to prep / 15-18 minutes to bake
- Yield: 20-22 cupcakes
Raspberry White Chocolate Cupcakes:
2 sticks butter @ room temperature
1.5 cups sugar
2.5 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 eggs @ room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp raspberry extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting:
2 sticks of butter @ room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 cup frozen raspberries (could be fresh)
To make the cupcakes, see delicious recipe on Gigi Cakes blog!
Notes on the cupcakes:
- Spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray to help the cupcake liners pull away
- Only fill the cupcake liners 1/2-2/3 of the way full. The cupcakes expand when cooking
- Measure the 1 cup of frozen raspberries into a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat for 45 seconds or until the berries are thawed.
- Place a strainer (sifter or wire mesh colander should work too) over a bowl and transfer the berries to the strainer.
- Using a spatula, move the berries around the colander until most of the berries run through (we are trying to keep the seeds out). Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Once combined, add the berry puree and mix until combined.
- Frost the cupcakes once cooled and enjoy!